Friday, June 1, 2012

Sweet Advice For the Graduating Seniors

My wife and I have been the advisors for the Class of 2012 in Hopedale, MA since they were in seventh grade in August, 2006.  I have learned many things both directly and indirectly from my six years working with this class, ranging from how to manage an accounts with thousands of dollars in it (never have to worry about that with my personal checking account) to properly taking thorns and leaves off of hundreds of flowers for Prom. I also learned the value of saying yes to things and stepping outside of my comfort zone; I never saw myself as having the skills and qualities for class advising, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. After all, I ended up with a wife and son! Last night at Class Night, we presented our last words of wisdom and advice to the graduates in a unique and interesting way. Aside from the novelty of seeing candy bars and treats substituted for some words, please pay careful attention to the advice itself. It has been a wonderful journey with the Class of 2012, and a true pleasure to work so closely with my wife in a professional way. We are proud to share our finished product with all the graduates around the country/world. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment