Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Utilizing Social Media

Why aren’t districts vigorously promoting active use of online resources for Professional Development? Although school ended over a week ago my learning and pd has not slowed. Thanks to my social media and networking feeds I found ways to realize visions for next year, and received valuable feedback on a class presentation. Thanks to my Twitter feed I was acquainted with mrthread.com for student chats, set up a customized edmodo site for my AP class, and favorited articles on research tips for students in the fall.
I had fantastic discussion with educators from around the country on topics ranging from cross curricular instruction to using data to create professional development plans that led to better performance in my graduate class. I’m excited this week to start a book club via Twitter and look forward to sharing my thoughts. In the first two weeks of vacation I’ve had more PD than in all other summers combined, and it hasn’t cost me or my district a penny. No room in the budget for PD? No problem…

No comments:

Post a Comment